: Ruth is a very religious woman of the Jewish faith and lives at home with her family. She was a keen cook and followed her faith’s rules on food preparation and presentation. She strictly followed the Kosher dietary rules and regulations. Ruth has been diagnosed with LBD and is not able to prepare her own food. She can feed herself if the larger items are cut into smaller bite sized proportions. When applying for a bed in residential care, Ruth and her family were told that the facility had employed a Kosher trained chef who would be able to provide for all her requirements. A few months after moving in the chef left the facility and Ruth was advised that he had left all the documentation needed for the temporary chef to follow, until a new Kosher trained chef was employed At first, Ruth did not notice any changes in her diet; but in the last couple of days, there have been instances of her receiving incorrect meals. The presentation of a meal had a milky sauce on her meat and a glass of milk placed on her table with her meal. One night, she was given a dish which contained prawns. Ruth has overheard staff making remarks such as, “Here she goes again. Take the milk off my table.” and “Boyl Talk about ungrateful; fresh prawns and she doesn’t want them. You have often cared for Ruth and have shown an interest in her religion by listening to her explain about the Kosher rules and regulations. You know that people of the Jewish faith may cat certain types of meat, such as cattle and lamb, but not pig and prawns. It is also strictly forbidden to have meat and milk combined in a dish and that the two must not be eaten at the same time. Ruth has decided to lodge a complaint and asked you for advice. She feels the reason she and her family decided she stay at the facility was the promise of ing her cope with her condition while being able to enjoy her spirituality. To complete the succeeding tasks, read Lotus Compassionate Care Handbook. (username: learner password: studyhard) (littp://companile sources.com/network Sole/2015/02/Lotus Compassionate care Handbook of
1. Access and review the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (username: learner password: studyhard) http://completamineros.com/e// Humanitat Which human right was breached in the case study scenario? a. Article 12 b. Article 16 Article 11 D D d. Article 4 e Article 25
2. Access and review the following resources: Charter of Aged Care Rights https//www.edcar quality.gov.au/consumers/commerichte List two (2) rights of the client that were breached in the scenario.
3. Does the scenario provided above show Ruth is abused and ot neglected? a. Explain your reasoning in 25-100 words b. If your answer is yes, specify whether it is financial physical, or emotional abuse/neglect
4. According to Lotus Compassionate Care Policy and Procedure, you are report and convey concerns to your supervisor Send an email to Rachel Allcot, detingut’s concern. Wite your email in the provided below. Specifically, your email must: . b Be objective, factual, accurate, and in topical order Identify the human right that was reached (from Gestion 11 Identify the rights of the dient that were breached from Guest Include evidence of abuse/neglect of your answer in Question Note: Although reporting typically done verbully, the main of the is to demonstrate your hity to identify aches of human rights relevant des that had to be reported your superior emalt template powded below you do not need to send an actual mall To Rachel Allcot crachel tot compassionateca.net From Student Student’s Email Address Subject
5. You already verbally explained the rights and the Lotus Comunicate Care Complaints Procedures to Ruth, and she has requested you to write this information down for her. C. In the space provided, write a letter to Ruth outlining the following information a. Her rights in the situation b. How to lodge a complaint Information about the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissions Ruth can decide between making an internal or external complaint. This must Include: What the Commission is How it works – How it can be accessed d. How her complaint will be handled Guidance Ensure that your letter can easily be understood by Huth
7. Ruth and her family asked you about other support services you can refer to them Identify two (2) support services and provide links to their websites below