Number 47 Transcribed Image Text: 42. Which of the following is equal to b3 for all values of b ?
V2b² +21- a = 0
43. If a = 5 in the equation above, which of the following is a possible value of b?
44. Suppose that g(x) = 2x² – 5, g(k) = 45, and k > 0. What is the value of k ?
45. The function f is defined by the equation f(x) = 2* – 3x + 1. The point (4, b) lies on the
graph of f. What is the value of b?
what is the value of ?
47. The expression (x2 + 3) – (-2x² + x – 5) can be written in the form ax² + bx + c. What is
the value of a + b +c ?
48. What is the sum of the solutions to the equation (x – 6)(x+ 1.2)= 0 ?
LEVEL 2: PROBLEM SOLVING
49. Each bundle of wires inside a large machine needs to be secured with 5 centimeters of
electrical tape. What is the maximum number of these wire bundles that can be secured with 8
meters of electrical tape? (1 meter = 100 centimeters)
beog vd well.027 dnow
to diow 002518